21 Proms by David Levithan, Lisa Ann Sandell, Will Leitch, Leslie Margolis, E. Lockhart, Aimee Fried | Teen Ink

21 Proms by David Levithan, Lisa Ann Sandell, Will Leitch, Leslie Margolis, E. Lockhart, Aimee Fried

July 22, 2014
By Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
293 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"So many books, so little time"


Grade 12 is the most important year of high school. It is the last year in the school system, the year you apply for university and dream for the future. The most important part, that most people think it is graduation (News flash! It’s not!), when it is actually prom. What makes prom such a big deal? For some people it`s not, others try to boycott it, while most they spend the month dreaming for that night. Yet it could be a night of wonders, love, and firsts, or it could be a night of humiliation, tragic, and breaks up. Prom itself is a mystery that some people are excited for, dreading or refuse to go. Prom either you go or not can go well, or not.

Everyone has a prom story. Everyone. Whether you want or not. Everyone can spin a tale of fantasy, or woe about their trip to their high school prom. This book is filled with 21 different prom stories. Some go well, other take a 180 on what was supposed to happen. Each author writes one short story of prom day/before, creating 21 prom stories of the 21 authors.

I loved this book. These stories are the best for the show all the different types of proms that can happen. Where some were sad (Lost Something) others made you laugh until you cry (The Great American Morp). Where some might be a little confusing (Geechee Girls Dancin’, 1955) others were 100% clear (You Are a Prom Queen, Dance, Dance, Dance). My favorite would have been The Great American Morp by John Green. I recommend this book to every teenage girl, weather you are going to your prom or not, even if it is a few years out. For no matter what happen, these are the types of proms, no one could ever forget.


The author's comments:
The perfect prom book