The Secret Daughter of the Tsar by Jennifer Laam | Teen Ink

The Secret Daughter of the Tsar by Jennifer Laam

July 8, 2014
By AWriterOfWords DIAMOND, Hamburg, New Jersey
AWriterOfWords DIAMOND, Hamburg, New Jersey
59 articles 13 photos 9 comments

What do three women from different time periods have in common? Their blood that defines who they are-whether they know it or not. In The Secret Daughter of the Tsar, by first-time debut novelist Jennifer Laam, three different perspectives are explored. Veronica is a struggling professor of Russian history when she meets a presumed heir to the Russian throne, who sparks her interest. Lena is a servant to the Russian imperial family, who may be closer to the Empress than anyone else. Charlotte is running from a German officer during World War II in hopes to protect her son. So how do they all tie into one each other? It can only be beautifully crafted together by reading the novel!

Prior to this novel, I had no background in Russian history but it did not matter as the novel explains the information I was originally lacking. Besides being partially historical fiction, there is the added twist of romance with a sprinkle of action. I highly would suggest giving this novel a try, whether Russian history is your forte or if you are new to it, like I was.