The Fault In Our Stars review | Teen Ink

The Fault In Our Stars review

June 24, 2014
By laurenevansok SILVER, Bromborough, Other
laurenevansok SILVER, Bromborough, Other
6 articles 0 photos 40 comments

Favorite Quote:
'One person's "annoying" is another person's "inspiring and heroic"' - Leslie Knope (Parks and Recreation)


John Green has caused many teenagers and adults to rethink their lives; to appreciate. He has done it yet again; created a story that changes lives. However, this is through the eyes of Cancer. The #1 New York Bestseller is truly phenomenal, sarcastic and humorous.

‘The Fault In Our Stars' captures the audience with its words of friendship and romance. I promise you, if you speak to any John Green fan they will try not to cry when thinking about this book.
Augustus Waters and Hazel Grace are two teenagers that have been affected by Cancer at some point in their lives, past and present. John Green illustrates to the reader how ‘cancer perks' aren't only through wish foundations and more. We are able to look through the eyes of people who want to be accepted and appreciated in a normal way. On the other hand, don't get me wrong; this book has so much more to it.

The words of John Green are positively infectious, engulfing the audience in a novel that includes both highs and lows. When reading the book, you are taken on a very important part of 16 year old Hazel Grace Lancaster's life, including challenges of not being given a fake ID to act like a ‘normal teenager'. Hazel's worst nightmare is visiting her weekly support group held in the ‘literal heart of Jesus'. If it makes her parents happy, she'll attend (even if it does mean missing another ‘America's Next Top Model marathon'). However, once coming across the 17-year-old gentleman Augustus Waters, her life really does change forever.

This book will leave you smiling, laughing and sobbing all at once. I have never been so emotionally attached to characters of a book in my whole life (coming from a book obsessed girl). Many readers have wanted to hug the book with joy and also throw it to the floor in fury. I have recommended this book to friends, family and many more. Pick the book up and you will become addicted, turning the final page will leave you breathless.

‘Okay? Okay.'


The author's comments:
My opinion on one of my favourite books.