The Fault In Our Stars review | Teen Ink

The Fault In Our Stars review

By laurenevansok SILVER, Bromborough, Other
laurenevansok SILVER, Bromborough, Other

'One person's "annoying" is another person's "inspiring and heroic"' - Leslie Knope (Parks and Recreation)

John Green has caused many teenagers and adults to rethink their lives; to appreciate. He has done it yet again; created a story that changes lives. However, this is through the eyes of Cancer. The #1 New York Bestseller is truly phenomenal, sarcastic and humorous.

‘The Fault In Our Stars' captures the audience with its words of friendship and romance. I promise you, if you speak to any John Green fan they will try not to cry when thinking about this book.
Augustus Waters and Hazel Grace are two teenagers that have been affected by Cancer at some point in their lives, past and present. John Green illustrates to the reader how ‘cancer perks' aren't only through wish foundations and more. We are able to look through the eyes of people who want to be accepted and appreciated in a normal way. On the other hand, don't get me wrong; this book has so much more to it.

The words of John Green are positively infectious, engulfing the audience in a novel that includes both highs and lows. When reading the book, you are taken on a very important part of 16 year old Hazel Grace Lancaster's life, including challenges of not being given a fake ID to act like a ‘normal teenager'. Hazel's worst nightmare is visiting her weekly support group held in the ‘literal heart of Jesus'. If it makes her parents happy, she'll attend (even if it does mean missing another ‘America's Next Top Model marathon'). However, once coming across the 17-year-old gentleman Augustus Waters, her life really does change forever.

This book will leave you smiling, laughing and sobbing all at once. I have never been so emotionally attached to characters of a book in my whole life (coming from a book obsessed girl). Many readers have wanted to hug the book with joy and also throw it to the floor in fury. I have recommended this book to friends, family and many more. Pick the book up and you will become addicted, turning the final page will leave you breathless.

‘Okay? Okay.'

My opinion on one of my favourite books.

on Mar. 31 2015 at 8:31 am

Thank you very much! I love ending a review with a quote.

on Mar. 30 2015 at 11:32 am
ABIGAIL.S PLATINUM, Trenton, Ohio

"only you can start a change you want"

I still have not yet read this book but reading this review makes me want to read it so much more than I already do. This is a great and the ending quote was great since that is one of the most known quotes from the book.

on Mar. 12 2015 at 7:35 am

Thank you!

on Mar. 12 2015 at 7:33 am

Thank you very much for your positive feedback, it means a lot!The book emphasises the genius that is John Green and I'm so glad you seem to love it as much as I do!

Beila BRONZE said...
on Feb. 19 2015 at 8:47 am
Beila BRONZE, Palo Alto, California

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." -Mark Twain

Yes! I love this book! As promised, I tried not to cry while thinking of this book. I thought ending with that quote was spectacular. You really captured a lot of the essence, though as I'm sure you'll agree, you really have to read the whole thing to understand!

jamie. BRONZE said...
on Feb. 17 2015 at 11:11 am
jamie. BRONZE, Masfield, Ohio
That was amazing the book and movie was incrediable

alioops SILVER said...
alioops SILVER, North Hollywood, California

"What moves men of genius, or rather, what inspires their work, is not new ideas, but their obsession with the idea that what has already been said is still not enough."
- Eugene Delacroix

The Fault in Our Stars is one of my favorite books. I've read it over and over again so many times! This was one of the best reviews of it that I've seen so far. Great job!

on Sep. 20 2014 at 4:53 am
BurrThistle GOLD, Jaipur, Other

Write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect

This was a lovely review. Even though I read TFIOS a while ago and didn't think much of it, I think it deserves a second look now.

Coy said...
Coy, Warrensburg, Missouri

"We all have our roles, our strengths and our weaknesses, we're not just a bunch of guys, we're a unit." - Michelangelo "Spike" Scarlatti (Sergio Di Zio) from the television show Flashpoint.

Wow! This was absolutely brilliant! I haven't read this book yet, but now it's going on the top of my reading list.

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

I absolutely LOVE this! My friends have been pushing for me to read the fault in our stars fore3ver now, and I HAVE to after reading this! Great job!!! :)     Could you read my review pleas? :) TeenInk.com/college_guide/college_reviews/article/699685/Washington-University-in-St-Louis-Missouri/ Thanks so much! XD   Never stop writing, this was such a wonderful review! I am sooooo glad it got Editor's choice! :)

jaquie_k said...
you had made a comment on my review on The Fault In Our Stars thank you for looking at it and I would appreciate it if you could look at my other article called "Another One Pushed" Thanks and I appreciate it   Also your article was beautiful and very well writen. No wonder you are a vip I would like us to come in to more contact with eachother

Thanks James!

jamesmdodd said...
on Jul. 12 2014 at 10:33 am
Brilliant!