Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth | Teen Ink

Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth

By Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia

"So many books, so little time"

Free will by definition means the power of acting without the constraint of necessity or fate; the ability to act at one's own discretion. In our world that concept is taken advantage, not notice until someone takes yours away. In a world where mind control is possible, a world at the break of war, when a hero is needed the most, where it seems as if everything is falling apart. The question that appears the most often and is the hardest to answer: Who can I trust?

Tris has lost the most in the first book. The death of her parents, her killing Will and the chance she took to save Four. Now Tris, Four, Caleb, and Marcus travel to Amity as they meet up with them only surviving member of the Abnegation faction. Once there Four confronts Tris of her secrets, and the fact that after shooting Will she cannot hold, let alone shoot a gun. As trouble in paradise set in for Tris and Four, the troubles of the Erudite are still rising. The Dauntless rebels need a plan to take down the Erudite once and for all. They move from faction to faction looking for a place to stay. Tris has to make a decision that will ruin her and Four’s relationship forever, but for a chance to know the truth.

Veronica Roth picked an amazing title for this book. Insurgent which is explained on page 458 by Fernando saying “None. A person who acts in opposition to the established authority, who is not necessarily regarded as a belligerent.” A perfect explanation of who Tris is. This book was truly fascinating, even though at some parts is a little confusing. As the plot thickens, Tris and Four’s relationship gets even more complicated. Tris gets betrayed by someone she loved all to know the truth about what is behind the fence.

“I decide to keep the shirt to remind me why I chose Dauntless in the first place: not because they are perfect, but because they are alive. Because they are free.” – Tris Prior of the Dauntless faction.

This book was not as good as the first, but it is still okay!