Girl, Stolen by April Henry | Teen Ink

Girl, Stolen by April Henry

By Sapphire9 PLATINUM, Santa Rosa, California
Sapphire9 PLATINUM, Santa Rosa, California

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
- Albert Camus

Griffin is wandering the parking lot in front of the drugstore on a freezing winter afternoon, searching for merchandise to steal from the trunks of surrounding cars. Instead, he stumbles upon an SUV with the keys dangling in the ignition. Without thinking, he slides into the driver’s seat and takes off with the car. But Griffin finds that he has more than he bargained for: there is a girl in the backseat. Not only is she sick with pneumonia – sixteen-year-old Cheyenne Wilder is blind.

When Griffin’s dad finds out that Cheyenne’s father is the president of Nike, he refuses to let her go without a ransom. Even then, Griffin questions if his accidental victim will get out of his house alive. Girl, Stolen is a gripping and heroic fight against what is right and what is easy.

April Henry tells a thrilling tale of suspense and mystery as she follows the lives of Cheyenne and her accidental kidnapper, Griffin. Twists of madness and hope intertwine the characters as they face the consequences of their mistakes. Girl, Stolen won the YALSO Best Fiction Award for Young Adults for its clever portrayal of a heroine whose brutal luck lands her in a situation that she can’t escape on her own.

With not a dull passage in sight, Girl, Stolen will captivate you from the first page to the last as you uncover who will be the hero and who will be the victim.