Vengeance Bound by Justina Ireland | Teen Ink

Vengeance Bound by Justina Ireland

April 19, 2014
By LivingTheDr3Am DIAMOND, Bedford, New York
LivingTheDr3Am DIAMOND, Bedford, New York
53 articles 0 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack."


Silver loops of Death chain Amelie Ainsworth to her past, present, and imminent future. The Furies came to her years ago when she first needed their help. In return, Amelie has had to do Their bidding ever since. This includes satisfying Their thirst for blood and justice as often as possible by finding guilty men and obliterating them. At a young age, Amelie is institutionalized for schizophrenia. While at the asylum, Dr. Goodhart—who definitely does not have a good heart—performs multiple experiments on Amelie in return for money from large pharmaceutical companies. After going through months of this torture, the Furies regain enough strength to break Amelie out of Dr. Goodhart’s makeshift prison. Amelie vows to herself and to the Furies that she’ll have her revenge on Dr. Goodhart one day. Until then, she agrees to continue moving from state to state, handing down justice to the guilty and looking for the doctor, who has gone on the run. One day, after moving to Pennsylvania, Amelie meets Niko, who might just be the one with the power to free Amelie from Their grasp. Suddenly, Amelie finds herself with a choice to make: stay with Niko and fight for love, or keep looking for Dr. Goodhart seeking revenge. Amelie knows what the right choice is, but the Furies are pulling her in the opposite direction. After all, an eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind…


The author's comments:
This book is so addicting! The intricately-woven plot thickens at just the right times throughout the story, constantly keeping you on your toes. Definitely a job well done!