The Skin I'm In

Have you ever been judged on something youcan't help? Have you ever been forced to do something youdont' want to, but too afraid to stand up for yourself?

That's the excact same situation Maleka Madison is in in the Sharon G. Flake novel, The Skin I'm In. Maleeka just can't cathc a break. First, there's John-John who won't stop teasing her about her black skin. Then there's Caleb who reallly likes her, but is hard to trust. You can't leave out the coldhearted, nean, selfish girl, Charlese. She only lets Maleeka hang around her so Maleeka will do her homework.

Now, all of a sudden, there's a new teacher who throws everything out of whack. I couldn't put this book down. I always wanted to know what was going on with Maleeka. The author does a great job of talking through a thirteen year old girl's point of view.

I highly recommend this book to any girl to read. It will teach you to stand up for yourself, and to know who your true friends are.

emanmkhan said...

Alright, this book review needs a lot of work! Grammar, spelling, and sentence structure are a bit weak. How about this?

Have you ever been judged on something you can't help? Have you ever been forced to do something against your will, but are too afraid to stand up for yourself?

This exact situation is brought up in Sharon G. Flake's novel to the character Maleeka Madison in The Skin I'm In. Maleeka just can't catch a break. There is John-John who won't stop teasing her about ... (more »)