Girls In Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood #3) by Ann Brashares | Teen Ink

Girls In Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood #3) by Ann Brashares

April 17, 2014
By Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
293 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"So many books, so little time"


Summer is the time of happiness. Lasting sun, tan bellies, longs beautiful nights, and being able to see your friends 24/7. Summer is the place for it all. Yet summer is also a place for sorrows, sadness and goodbyes. This is the summer of happiness and sorrows. This is the last summer of the sisterhood.

Tibby, Carmen, Lena and Bridget are all leaving for university for the fall. Tibby to NYU, Lena to RISD, Bridget to Brown and Carmen to her dream of Williams. Yet each are having last minutes thoughts, panics, and freak outs. And worst of all making decision based on a whim. When university counts for everything that’s important to you, some (as you guessed Carmen) make big mistakes, where others are trying to keep it on track.

Carmen is known to let her anger rule her. Yet what if there was a Good Carmen in her? This is the first time Good Carmen appears and frankly I love her. Good Carmen also finds a good boy (named Win) who she meets at the hospital. Carmen finds a summer job as she works for Lena’s mom taking care of Valia (Lena’s grandmother). Carmen mom and David got a little bundle of joy to tell Carmen, I bet you all know what it is. Carmen staying true to her nature makes lots of mistakes, gets into fights, yet as one of the sisters you cannot help but be there for Carmen during her worst and her best. Even if sometimes it best to just leave her.

Beautiful Lena got her heart smashed by Kostos two books in a row. Because of that Lena take the high road of not dealing with any boy, nice or not. Instead Lena focuses on her job, and her art. Tragic come to Lena as her father hates Lena ‘art’ and take away her classes and the money that’s supposed to go to RISD so she could attend. With money gone and no used getting financial aid Lena is 100% screw. Yet there is help. A scholarship many are competing for, money going towards the first year or RISD. That scholarship is the only thing keeping Lena away from RISD. Can she get it?

Tibby and Bridget spent the summer away from each other. Yet even though apart they had the same problem. Boys present and past. As Tibby have debates and questions about her and Brian. Bridget on the other hand is having troubles with a lover we met in book one the soccer loving god known as Eric. Tibby, Bridget pray to the pants asking are they the one?

Ann Brashares story line is coming to a close. This is the last book of them being kids living at home. Her writing been going down I found this book extremely boring in some parts, and all-right in others. This is the third of five sisterhood books, and I am hooked to see what happen next.


The author's comments:
We have watch the sisters grow up to be where they are now. I do not like Carmen all that much but Bridget is my favourite, and Lena and Tibby are okay. Yet you cannot have just one sister, but all.