Eragon | Teen Ink

Eragon

April 4, 2014
By LunarWolfShadow BRONZE, Moundsville, West Virginia
LunarWolfShadow BRONZE, Moundsville, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you lose money you lose much, if you lose somebody special you lose much more, but if you lose faith you lose ALL"


If you like Dragons, magic, elves, dwarves, and other medieval things then you should read Christopher Paolini’s Eragon. It has a lot of themes like: Love, War, Survival, etc. It gives you the feeling of actually being there with the characters themselves and fighting along with them.

I love Eragon so much that I couldn’t put it down once I started reading. When I started reading I thought this was going to be a crappy book but I was so wrong it was and still is a great book. When Paolini made Eragon he did a very spectacular job making this book unlike Luis Lowery who made The Giver. If I was told to make a summary of Eragon I would have to make it at least three pages because it is one of the best books I’ve ever read.

I bet if someone tried to make a series like Eragon they might get close but won’t be exactly like the way Paolini does. When you read a book you get a visual image in your mind of what everything looks like. Paolini made it so you feel like you are in the book with the characters. Eragon is its own little world because it feels so real that I feel like it really happened, but I know it didn’t really happen even though it felt real.

Eragon takes place in a place called Alagaësia a place that is inhabited by many races. Eragon is only 15 years-old and was raised by his uncle along with his cousin Roran. He was out hunting when he found something extraordinary so he took it to the butcher but was told to take it back to where he got it from. He took it back to the farm instead and the next day he was in town when he heard a storyteller by the name of Brom about the old days when there were dragon riders. Soon he found out that it was not what he expected it to be but still he kept it hidden from everyone but, Brom knew what he had so he saved Eragon from evil creatures sent by the king. They then set off for someplace deep into the mountains to the south on a quest for some people that absolutely loathe the king.

In conclusion, Eragon is the best book I have ever read maybe even ever will read. If you choose to read it you better have a lot of time on your hands because you won’t want to put it down once you begin. I really loved the book but if you don’t that’s your opinion but it’s really good.