The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Set in the 1920s in North Carolina, The Notebook tells a story of young love. Noah and Allie fall for each other one summer, but they come from different worlds where their love is forbidden.

After a 14-year separation, Allie sees the newspaper ad of a young man with a house for sale. She decides to visit him, not knowing why he returned. Noah is shocked but pleased by her visit and welcomes her into his house. After they spend a couple days together, their feelings emerge and they must make some difficult decisions.

Author Nicholas Sparks focuses on the themes of love and choices. As Noah tries to regain what he and Allie once had, she struggles with telling him she’s engaged. But she begins to realize that her feelings for Noah never died.

When her trip ends, Allie must decide whom she loves. “Can you really leave without looking back?” Noah asks. “I don’t know. Probably not,” she replies. With tears running down her face she finally chooses.

The style of The Notebook is similar to Lurlene McDaniel’s books: both use detail that makes you imagine everything as if you were there. Sparks focuses on characters’ thoughts and feelings, unlike McDaniel, who uses more dialogue.

The Notebook is a classic tale of love lost and regained after many years, and is a truly romantic and touching story. This is an amazing book that captures your attention and keeps you guessing what will happen next. You will never want to put it down.

mufasa said...
Aug. 6 at 5:45 pm:
you just got burnnnnnnnnn!!!! hahahaha

DreamingOutQuiet said...
Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:17 pm:
Im definately not a Nicolas Sparks fan, but this is an awesome review so keep it up, and do your thing.

Lindsey31 said...
May 13, 2012 at 9:58 pm:
I LOVE The Notebook! It's so personal to me. You did a very good review! Feel free to check out my articles as well. (:

wishingtheskywasbluer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i love the notebook! you did a great job with the review, too!!!

MonkeyChunk said...
Mar. 8, 2012 at 2:51 pm:
I loved reading this book! It was such a page turner. <3 Good review!

emily89663 said...
i hate justin bieber

madeofstardust replied...
Dec. 19, 2011 at 12:55 pm :
did u just realize that this page was for the notebok, not effin justin  beiber? i think ur alil confused miss :D

BrightBurningCampeadorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I saw something that might be a mistake: "When her trip ends" what trip? Are you talking about a literal, physical trip, or a mental trip of the spirit and soul?

MeIsI replied...
Oct. 11, 2011 at 3:43 pm :
I've read this book and all the things that you are wondering about her "Trip" are true. To me they are but it all depends on your opinion and view of things.

VKarcich said...
Mar. 24, 2011 at 12:48 pm:
this was a GREAT review, even though i've read this book already redign this review makes me wnt to re-read the book.

AnumK said...
Dec. 24, 2010 at 6:52 am:
Simply amazing!! I'm gonna grab this book and can't wait going through it! :P

imacutie13 said...
I love this book! I just read it, and, since I love romance novels, it was one of the best books ive read!

The Annoying Orange said...
I'm back!!! hahaha

ilovewriting95 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! Sounds like an amazing book! I totally have to read this book! Have you read the book The Last Song? I haven't but, I've heard it is good.

chelsea2224 said...
Jul. 22, 2010 at 1:33 pm:
amazing!! i made my boyfriend watch this movie with me even though id read the book and watched the movie a hundred time =] anyone read the second book its like a sequel...its called the wedding.. ? anyone read? its totally amazing to!

HaleyHottie replied...
Sept. 5, 2010 at 7:30 am :

OhmyGosh. They have a second book?! Nobody ever told me. Geez. I neeed to get itt.

HaleyHottie replied...
Sept. 5, 2010 at 7:31 am :
is the wedding book  made into a movie too?

Izofbrwn said...
May 26, 2010 at 12:49 pm:
I LOVE THIS BOOK and MOVIE!

kirby~bug said...
May 18, 2010 at 3:01 pm:

i liked it 2!!! awesome caint wait to read the book and watch the movie!!

im a hopeless romantic so ill probablly think its great!! lol

lol101 said...
Apr. 26, 2010 at 11:24 am:
Excellent review! I love the movie and I am dying to read the book because Nicholas Sparks is my favorite writer. You did leave out a lot of the main parts though...