The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy | Teen Ink

The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy

By Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia

"So many books, so little time"

This book takes fantasy to a whole new extreme. It takes such a normally setting. High school with a girl on the outside dying for the in. With that Kay waves her magical wand truing this normal teenage book into one of fantasy.

Jess Parker is an outsider. She goes in, cheers her little heart out then gets cast out until the next game comes around or practice. Yes she is a cheerleader but that does not move her social statues up. It brings it down as her spot took one “for sure in’s” known as Wicked Witch of the West aka Lexy. Yet when receives a note in her locker her life spins a 180. She is now a member of a secret society of popular girls dedicated to defeating the mean girls of the world. It’s up to Jess and her mentor Sarah Jane as Cindy’s (short for Cinderella) to take down the wickets and especially their leader Lexy. Yet not knowing what she’s doing Jess quickly loses herself as she tried to remain on the good side, keep her every trouble boyfriend and try to save a Reggie (A non-Cindy yet no-wicked but just a normal person) named Heather who she is determent to protect.

My, my, Kay Cassidy is this but a fantasy. Do not get me wrong this book was not bad just bland with way to much fantasy for my taste. The writing was okay; it seemed to take a while to get something exciting happen. Yet the whole idea is just too hard to believe. The nice pretty popular girls are called Cindy? The nice hot popular boys are called Charming? The mean girls Wickets and the boys Villains? Are you trying to turn high school in a Disney movie? This is much as a fairy tale as any other fantasy books. Good thing there was no dragon!

This is just a true childhood dream, but