Everafter (the sequel to Everlasting) by Elizabeth Chandler

The book Everafter, a part of the Kissed by an Angel series, written and published by Elizabeth Chandler on March 2013, is a book that draws you into it’s suspense. Ivy, a teenager from a small town, isn’t just the average teenager. Her deceased boyfriend Tristan who was once her guardian angel is now a fallen angel! Tristan faces the complications of his soul being trapped in an accused murderer’s body, and Ivy tries to clear his name. When Tristan becomes impatient if they’ll be together forever, Ivy assures Tristan that “you’ll redeem yourself” and “we’ll figure it out” throughout the book. As they find evidence, Ivy and Tristan face the evil Gregory, Ivy’s former stepbrother, that despises the star-crossed lovers relationship. Ivy also risks losing her loved ones to Gregory’s demonic powers.

My favorite character of Everafter is Ivy, the main character, because she represents girls in an exceptional way, and she shows a lot of strength. Her decisions aren’t only for her well-being but for others, her loved ones. She's willing to sacrifice. I think anyone could relate to Ivy’s feelings of doubt in the book or her overpowering love.

I loved this book! It draws you in with every sentence, and you can’t help but want to turn the page. When you read this book, you’ll understand the rage you feel towards Bryan aka the vessel of Gregory, but you’ll also understand the compassion you feel towards Ivy and Tristan’s love for each other. It’s a mixed of emotions!

The ending does catch you by surprise, but I don’t think I would change anything about this book altogether. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes the supernatural or fantasy genre.

This book seems to be geared towards a younger audience. Preferably, the readers that favored The Twilight Saga, The Hunger Games trilogy, or even The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet, so if you enjoy a good ol’ thrilling love story, this will be an ideal book for you to read! I guarantee you’ll like it.