The Ghost and the Goth (The Ghost and the Goth #1) by Stacey Kade | Teen Ink

The Ghost and the Goth (The Ghost and the Goth #1) by Stacey Kade

By Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia

"So many books, so little time"

Ever image dying? You must image it in a beautiful tragic way. And your funeral. Everyone crying and screaming how could this happen. Your friend’s morning you for years after it happen. Your parents visiting your grave every Saturday with flowers for you. Alona Dare the pretty, popular, cheerleader and three times running homecoming queen had it all. Yet it is shortly taken away as she crosses the road without looking and getting hit by a bus. The afterlife for Alona, let’s say it was not what she intended.

Alone spends this book as ‘the ghost’. Dying in her gym uniform she spends the first little bit in denial about her death (even after she watched her funeral). Yet where was that going into the white light business? Where were heaven and all the good afterlife fun things you were supposed to do? Why am I still on Earth? These are the thoughts Alona had to think as she floated around her school as a ghost. Alona soon realized that she was not alone. Hundreds of other ghosts floated in this ‘middle ground’ all being held by their unfinished business. Yet the ghosts are not alone. A living human is in the middle ground with them, able to hear, see and touch the ghosts. This human is the only way Alone can continue with her after life, yet the human is the school freak Will Killian.

All Will wants to do is finish high school. Finish high school then move to an isolated island where no ghost can haunt him. Yet with only a few weeks left Will slips up now all the ghost know he can see them. Will is struggling to finish school, but with ghost asking him for favors ever second, a principle on his case, Will’s dream of leaving might not be able to happen. Yet when Alona swoops in and makes the ghosts back off, he might be save. Only if he and Alona can work together to help Alona move on and deal with a ghost issue Will is having.

Stacey Kade captures a new idea brings high school queen ghost with freak loser boy. The first book in a trilogy I really liked it. Some points it was not the best book, and parts did get confusing. Yet it is a perfect winter read. It also shows that not all good girls go to heaven.

Ghost and Goth what a perfect mixed!