Be More Chill by Ned Vizzini | Teen Ink

Be More Chill by Ned Vizzini

February 18, 2014
By Joey-Dreamer SILVER, Sacramento, California
Joey-Dreamer SILVER, Sacramento, California
7 articles 1 photo 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.


Be More Chill
















By, Ned Vizzini

Remember that episode of Spongebob Squarpants where Spongebob is taking his drivers test and has a walkie-talkie in his head with Patrick at home telling him all the answers? Well this is like that, x1000.

Jeremy Heere is your average High school Sophomore. Except he’s not your average High school Sophomore. Jeremy is practically invisible to girls, but somehow manages to be spotted in a crowd of millions my bullies. He even has records (yes, WRITTEN records), of every single time he’s been bullied. But one day, Jeremy finds himself in the possession of a pill. A pill containing a micro-super-computer that tells him how to be “cool”.

In his journey from the bottom of the social food chain to the tippy top of the social pyramid, Jeremy encounters many awkward, intense, and many times just plain scary situations real teens are faced with today. As Jeremy struggles to see if life at the “cool kids table” is really all it’s cracked up to be, his little super-computer buddy seems to be developing a plan of its own.

I seriously think BOTH teens and adults would love this awkward and hilarious read. Once you pick up the pages to the life of Jeremy Heere, you WONT wanna put them down!


The author's comments:
I loved this book :D