The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus #4) by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus #4) by Rick Riordan

By Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia

"So many books, so little time"

A master piece. This book is simply a master piece. This is the fourth book in the five book series publish on October 8, 2013; it was one of the better ones. With the huge cliff hanger Rick left us off at the end of book three, the year between books was agonizing but worth the wait.
With Annabeth and Percy falling to Tartarus, the five (Leo, Piper, Jason, Hazel, Frank) and Nico are on their way to the House of Hades on Argo 2. Sounds like a perfectly innocent adventure right? Wrong. It seems that Gaga has gain more power and is using it all fight the seven. With heartbreaks, pain, terror, the seven have to endure more than ever. As they learn secrets about themselves and the prophecy it makes it clear that one of them will not get out alive.
Percy and Annabeth. The dynamic couple. Strongest together, it seems as if nothing can break them right? Once again wrong. As Annabeth and Percy spend the whole book in Tartarus they learn secrets, regrets, and above all a love for the living world. Yet they keep strong even as they fight the most powerful gods/titans they ever met.
Jason and Piper. The second dynamic couple. They have their differences and past yet they keep strong and stay together. Piper learns that she cannot count on Jason forever, and that eventually she has to learn to fight on her own. Jason loves Piper to death, yet what about Reyna? He never loved her yet he acted like he did. Sadly for Jason, Reyna is not out of their hair yet.
Frank and Hazel. The third dynamic couple. The youngest and most unlike their fathers of the seven. They have stuck tightly once they realized their love for each other during the second book. Yet Hazel cannot stay out of her past with her love of Sammy, Leo’s grandfather. Frank trusting Hazel with his life (the piece of wood) yet can he trusts her to love him and not Leo. They both grow during the book and realize that even though they do not like their fathers 100% of the time, they are more like them then they thought.
Leo and Nico. The only ones left on the ship that is not in a dynamic couple relationship. In this we get a news flash about Nico. On the other hand Leo gets a visit from someone we use to know. The romance for them blooms in this book.

The House of Hades is the fourth of five books in the hero of Olympus series. Rick Riordan has not disappointed us in this book. His writing grasps you and pulls you into the demigod world. He has nailed the thoughts and feelings of everything charters, making us love them for their personalities. The fifth book will not be released till October 2014. Until then we wait to see if the seven have it in them to stop the giants.