The Fault in Our Stars by John Green This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

This book made me cry. Need I say more?

Seriously though, this is a book coming from one of my favorite authors, who is best known for tugging at the heartstrings. I remember going to my book club and hearing this was next on the list. I thought it would be just good, but instead, I read the first book that actually made me cry.

What this about? Our main character is a teenage girl named Hazel Grace, a cancer survivor that befriends a teenage boy named Augustus Waters, who also happens to be a cancer survivor. Eventually they get to know one another, learn about each others lives, and start to have probably one of the most genuine romances I've ever seen. I don't want to ruin anything, so I'll try to keep my spoilers to a real minimum.

Hazel and Augustus are very likeable, and are very complex and have brilliant character development. They have very few friends because of their cancer, but are still strong-willed and independent. In the end, you really love their romance for each other and know they do really care for one another. I want to talk more about them, but doing that would spoil everything.

The side character, though there are few, are likeable and you do care about them as well.

The chemistry in this is remarkable. It is well-paced and thought out, and has led me to tears when something bad happens between them. I gotta give John Green major points here, because he knows how to write amazing romance. His writing is remarkable as well, it really does capture the heart and grace of Hazel and Augustus's personalities and love.

Overall, I have no complaints with this book, but if I had to find something, it's that there are some pop cultural references in here that can make it dated. It doesn't ruin anything, but if those were gone, then this would be a timeless book for those in the future.

For those who haven't read The Fault in Our Stars, read it now! It's rare that a book brings me to tears, and this might definitely be on your top 5 favorite books list!