teen idol by meg cabot | Teen Ink

teen idol by meg cabot

November 13, 2013
By lorahjordan BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
lorahjordan BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The book Teen Idol was written by Meg Cabot. She is also the author of best-selling, critically acclaimed Princess Diaries books made into wildly poplar Disney movies under the same name. She is also the author of the Mediator series, the 1800-Where-R-You books, and American Girls. She also has written more books and I have read some of them and she is a very good author in my opinion. She lives in Key West and New York City with her husband and a one-eyed cat named Henrietta.


Teen Idol is a realistic fiction for teenaged girls. The story is set in present day in Clayton, Indiana. The main characters include; Jenny Greenley, Luke Striker, Trina, Geri Lynn, and Scott Bennett. Then some of the minor characters were; Kwag, Cara, Betty Ann, Kurt, Mr. Hall, Mrs. Mulvaney. Jenny, Trina, Geri Lynn, Scott, Kwag, Cara, and Kurt go to Clayton High School. Mr. Hall and Mrs. Mulvaney are teachers at Clayton High School and Betty Ann is Mrs. Mulvaney’s doll. Luke Striker is a under cover student at Clayton High School but is really a heart throb actor from Hollywood.


One day Jenny was called into the office, she is a very good kid that is nice to everyone. So she wondered why she was getting called into the office during class, maybe it’s for the “Ask Annie” column she does for her school paper which is a top secret thing that only a few people know who writes the column, the consular and Scott. Then when she got to the office she saw the principal, the consular and a few other teachers standing around. When she walked through the door they all looked at her with weird exited expressions on their faces. Then she started to get kind of scared, she had never got in trouble before and didn’t know what was happening. Then she sat down and they started to explain why they called her in the office. She was confused of what they told her. They told her that Luke Striker was going to go to Clayton High School for a couple weeks to study for a up coming movie role and that she had to keep his identity under raps.


The theme of the story is not to judge a book by its cover. For an example Jenny thought that Luke was going to be some air head movie star that was rude and vein but he was really caring and down to earth in a way that she didn’t see so often. Then for another example, people thought that Cara was a wanna be that didn’t fit in any group and that all she did was suck up to the popular girls so they would be nice to her and be her friends, but she just wanted to be like the popular girls she wanted to have board straight hair a skinny body and wanted to wear the clothes that they wore even though they made her plus size figure look worse than it really was. You should never try to be something that you’re not just so people that will never truly be your friends will accept you. I have one of my favorite quotes, its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you’re not “Kurt Cobain”.


There are Struggles for Jenny with trying to keep Luke under cover. His face isn’t hard to recognize because it is a one of a kind handsome face. Just because he grew his hair and changed to the style of clothes that boys wore at Clayton High School didn’t mean that die heart fans wouldn’t recognize him. He also had a one of a kind tattoo that if a fan saw it they would know for sure that it was the one of a kind star Luke Striker. Will he keep his tattoo covered or will he be careless and forget about being undercover and blow the whole thing out of the water. I don’t know if you want to know you should read it and see for your self.



Teen Idol is a very good book. It is a page turner got to read kind of book. The reason I really liked it is because I love anything famous I love famous people famous spots famous friends. I think that the book is every teen age girls dream. The novel has a lot of “awww” moments. I think that you can take away a lot of lessons from the book it dispenses on how you think. Be yourself an original is always worth more than a copy “uknown”.