The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

The Lightning Thief is an adventure novel based on Greek mythology, and the first book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series written by Rick Riordan, an author who has a love for Greek Mythology, proven by the many, many books he written about Greek Mythology. For instance: he wrote “The Son of Sobek”, the Demigod Files, the Demigod Diaries, etc.
Percy Jackson is a twelve year old boy dealing with dyslexia and ADHD who attends Yancy Academy in New York. Well, used to. Unfortunately for him, he managed to get himself expelled from school because of an incident at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. But that’s not the only thing. Percy Jackson is taken to Camp Half-Blood, where he learns that he is part demigod as well as the son of Poseidon, and is being accused by the Gods for stealing Zeus’s Master Bolt. Now he must set off on an epic adventure along with his two friends Grover and Annabeth to L.A seeking for the God of the Underworld, Hades.
The Lightning Thief is a decent book, not bad but not great either in my opinion. Some things I love about the story is that it is based from Greek Mythology, which I love. I loved the way the author used such amazing description I absolutely love. And I loved the action in the story. Each battle he fought was so intense and I loved it! The Lightning Thief is a book I would recommend to people who love action and adventure, and Greek Mythology.

Meow Hi.