The Fault In Our Stars by John Green | Teen Ink

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

By Turkan BRONZE, London, Other
Turkan BRONZE, London, Other

...I guess contemporary isn't the strongest genre for me...

The Fault In Our Stars was a fairly good read, however my opinion may be affected by the fact that I'm not really a cancer book reader and I totally understand how some people claim that something new hasn't been brought to the table here. Despite me not being a cancer book or even contemporary reader, I have to agree. Regardless, it was an enjoyable read.

I loved the characters, they were believable however they were not perfect. The protagonists' speech was way ahead of their years, and I'm not meaning to say that teenagers just talk slang (I'm a teenager myself), but it just got too annoying at times: Hazel and Augustus speak like middle aged, extremely formal people, except for the times when they occasionally swear.

I know a lot of people are going to disagree here, however I didn't think the novel was extremely sad like people make it out to be. Although it may seem a little harsh to some people, I didn't cry through any point in the novel, maybe because the way it was written was not emotional enough at times.

All in all, I would say it's a
definite must read and I especially enjoyed how there were a few surprising twists.

Cannot wait to watch the movie when it's released!