The Sledding hill by Chris Crutcher | Teen Ink

The Sledding hill by Chris Crutcher

October 25, 2013
By AliciaLavery155 BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
AliciaLavery155 BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

If you enjoy books about a little bit of drama, then you may have found the one. The Sledding Hill is a little bit of drama, and just coming together as a school to save the banning of books. Eddie and Billy become best friends and all follow students think it is odd because they seem to be the complete opposite from each other. Billy being the smartest kid in his class and Eddie being the not so smart one. Turns out he’s smarter than he really thinks. Billy’s father works at the school as the school janitor. Eddie, Billy and his father work together throughout the book.

All these three want it to stop the banning of the book that seem to be inappropriate in the school library and also from city library’s. When that doesn’t work Eddie makes t-shirts and bumper stickers. Meanwhile there’s a little altercation between the two and their friendship. If this has you on the end of your seat then this is the book for you.

I recommend this book to anyone and everyone who happens to be a bookworm. This book may not always have you on the end of your seat but it will never have you bored out of your mind either. Everyone has been in school and knows how it is. This may bring back some of those awesome memories. Who knows? So give it a go and read The Sledding Hill.