Dreamquake (Dreamhunter Duet #2) by Elizabeth Knox | Teen Ink

Dreamquake (Dreamhunter Duet #2) by Elizabeth Knox

October 21, 2013
By kkenb BRONZE, Minneapolis, Minnesota
kkenb BRONZE, Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dreamhunting: a term used to describe people that travel into the Place, capture dreams, and share them with the public. Tziga Hame, Laura Hame's father, was the one to discover the Place. However, he has since gone missing. On St. Lazarus's Eve, Laura decides to project a dream on to the audience at the Rainbow Opera to show them the truth about how the Regulatory Body treats their prisoners. This act is the first major blow dealt in the battle for power of the Place. Rose Tiebold, Laura's cousin, discovers that the government has been building a secret rail line through the Place. What is the government planning? And what exactly is the Place?
This is the second book in the Dreamhunter Duet. I remember reading the first one and being intrigued with the whole plot involving dreamhunting. I did enjoy the second one however, not as much as the previous. The plot is very unique and original. One thing I enjoyed about these books is that they focus on a rich, famous family. It's very interesting to read from that point-of-view. Usually, the viewpoint is from a middle-class person. There was a lot of suspense but I feel like it didn't really lead up to much. A lot of hype was built up over one person but he really didn't do anything. Many of the characters reactions weren't very believable. There were many extremely emotional events but they just all seemed to kinda brush them off. I also didn't like the ending. It was too abrupt and didn't really explain what happened next. I wanted more. The plot kept moving and there weren't very many boring parts so that was a plus. Another thing that tended to bother me was this one character's relationship with another. I can't go in to much detail without giving anything away but their relationship just made me uncomfortable. Overall, this book was good and if there was a third, I would definitely read it. It's not one of my favorites though.