Marked by P.C. and Kristen Cast | Teen Ink

Marked by P.C. and Kristen Cast

October 14, 2008
By Anonymous

The House of Night book one: Marked is a great mix of magic, school life, love, and mystery. P.C. and Kristen Cast take the well know Vampire theme and add a whole new twist to it, so reading their story is like reading about vampires, Harry Potter, and a teenage drama all mix together.

The background of the story is very similar to our own world the only difference is the fact that many of our world famous/ rich people are in fact Vampires. All Vampires are marked with a cresent moon on their foreheads and adult Vamps will have more tattoos the surround and frame their face. Dispite the fact that many vampires where famous and respected people, most humans hate a fear those marked as a vampire.

This story is about a high school native american girl named Zoey who one day marked in school by a tracker vampire, afraid of what she knew was coming Zoey show her mark to her mother and step dad only to be scorned by her overly religous step father, with no help from her mother. Hurt and betrayed Zory flees to her grand mother's home only to find her not there. While looking for her grand mother Zory trips and hits her head, then she has a vision of the great goddess Nix who tell Zoey the she had choosen her as her avatar to change the wrong in the House of Night. Zory awakens to find herself in the House on Night (a school for vampires) and meets the high preistess. Zoey finds that her mark, which and been a outline before, was now filled in, something that wasn't suppose to happen untill she was much older. So Zoey still comfused about her mark takes the name Zoey Redbird and begins her new life at the House of Night while trying to gain control over her growing powers and figure out what change she was to bring to the House of Night.