That Summer by Sarah Dessen | Teen Ink

That Summer by Sarah Dessen

By Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia

"So many books, so little time"

For Haven there is too much going on. Being almost six feet tall and only fifteen that is the least of her worries. Her Fathers marriage to the Weather Pet, her sister Ashley marriage to boring Lewis. Her mother sadness that Haven can’t fix. She feels that in her now crazy life she doesn't belong. Look back and Ashley’s old boyfriend she found one that could fix everything now. His name was Sumner. Yet Haven doesn't know why Ashley dumped Sumner on the front porch all those years ago. Looking in the past Haven forgets to look forward, and see what that summer was truly was.
Sarah charms us again with another teenage girl tale. This is one is different for it doesn't focus around a boy! Yes, getting a boyfriend isn't the only thing that happened in this book. Yet Sumner disappointed me. I did not except what happened to him and Ashley but I didn't except Sumner to do that, he just didn't seemed the type. This book focuses on the struggles of a girl with divorce parents, and her sister leavening. This is the perfect summer read.