<i>The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants</i> by Ann Brashares | Teen Ink

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares MAG

By Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia

"So many books, so little time"

Every once in a while you find something truly magical. A sock that never gets a hole, a shoe that always fits, and maybe even a room that never gets dusty. What Tibby, Carmen, Lena, and Bridget found was a pair of faded blue jeans at a thrift shop. These four friends have been together forever, spending every day of summer together. Yet this summer is different. Tibby gets a job, Bridget goes to soccer camp, Carmen visits her dad, and Lena is going to Greece. Then, the day before they leave, they discover the jeans.

One by one they try on the pants and are surprised to see they fit all of them beautifully. Making up a set of rules, the girls set out to have a drama-filled magical summer, sharing their story through a pair of blue jeans.

The book is well written and easy to follow. Ann Brashares makes it seem like the book is written by the four girls. I disliked that there were no chapters, but instead it was divided into parts by a quote. Now you expect that each part is about one girl, but it isn't. In one part each girl gets a paragraph or two. This made it confusing, but in the end it's a great summer read.

MeeraPs GOLD said...
MeeraPs GOLD, Nairobi, Other

Just your existence itself is beautiful

This is a well writen book/movie review. The metaphors at the start are relatable. However, there are a few typos in the article. And it is really cool to know someone has seen Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants! It is one hell of a movie/book. Have you seen part 2?