<i>Hopeless</i> by Colleen Hoover | Teen Ink

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover MAG

By EmAngster00 SILVER, Calavi, Other
EmAngster00 SILVER, Calavi, Other

""You can’t be like me
But be happy that you cant
I see pain but I don’t feel it
I am like the old Tin Man.” - Tin Man, The Avett Brothers

If you are looking for a book packed with emotions, Hopeless is for you. It is one of the most phenomenal books I've ever read. I'm quite a bookaholic, and Hopeless took me on a trip filled with laughter, tears, joy, pleasure – every feeling you can imagine.

I'm not going to go into much of the plot because I want it to be a surprise. But it's amazing!

For those of you who like ­romance, Hopeless is brimming with it. The relationship that develops between Holder and Sky will leave you curling your toes in pleasure.

I'm in love with the idea of “love,” romance, and chivalry. This is something that this book also greatly acknowledges and brings to life with vivid ­descriptions that left me breathless and wanting such experiences. (Not to sound desperate or anything.)

Hopeless is also full of humor of the kind where you burst out laughing and people look at you as if you're out of your mind. And you just can't stop laughing as you picture what is going on because, yes, it's that funny.

Of course, the book also has a deeper message. It's heartbreaking in many ways, especially the pain Sky and two other characters endure at the hands of the sadistic antagonist (he is more of a silent one though who only makes a real appearance near the end). I shed a few tears, but then, I've always been emotional when it comes to books.

It's not easy when you discover that your whole life has been a lie, especially when you realize that those you loved with all your heart could hurt you in so many ways. There is also the anger and pain of knowing that even though they hurt you, they did so thinking it would be for your good. Such an ironic situation leaves us wondering about forgiveness. After all, we are often hard on the ones we love.

I highly recommend Hopeless. It is the perfect escape from reality as you enter into Sky's world. Not only is she funny, but many readers will identify with her and her situation.

I hope you take the time to read it.

I was thinking about all the booksi've been pratically devouring (and enjoying immensely as well)...and it just hit me that i wanted others to be able to read them too because every book is a little jewel in itself. I dont know about you but i'm a self-proclaimed 'Bookaholic' who reads to escape (mostly)...and in doing so, i wanted to share my passion with those who felt the same !