The BFG by Ronald Dahl | Teen Ink

The BFG by Ronald Dahl

By MMitchell BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
MMitchell BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

How would you feel if you were taken by a giant in the middle of the night and had to work

with it to stop a bunch of other bad giants? If you can imagine this, then you can imagine

what Sophie is going through in this story.

This story is about a girl named Sophie and a giant called the BFG. One night Sophie

couldn’t sleep. She got up to look out the window and saw a giant walking down her street!

The giant noticed her watching, and he grabbed her right out of her room! He took her far far away to his

little lair in the Land of the Giants. Sophie thinks she would be eaten for sure, but the giant turns out to be

very nice, and takes her on many adventures while showing her how he lives his life. But when

Sophie hears that the other bad giants are going to England to eat people, Sophie and the BFG

have to find a way to stop them at any cost.

Dahl begins the book with action and conflict, and ends it in any regular fairy tale ending when the

good guys beat the bad guys and live happily ever after. A very good way to start and end a good fairy tale.

But the vocabulary is what can really draw you into the book. Certain characters have very bad vocabulary,

and you try to focus on the book, bringing you further into the book, which was a smart move by Dahl. It

makes the book more fun for young readers to read, as they think it is very funny and easy to relate to and

feel the book.

Ronald Dahl is an author of many fun and laughable books, and this is one of them. As

soon as this book had been published, Dahl made a hit. Even though it is an old book, it is

still used by many schools today. This is a great book for young readers from about third grade

up and I would recommend it to anyone. I would rate this book around an eight to a nine out of ten for

young readers and to teachers of young grades. Truly a great and funny book.