Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill | Teen Ink

Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill

April 14, 2013
By Run2Liv3 PLATINUM, Bedford, New York
Run2Liv3 PLATINUM, Bedford, New York
30 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change.


“To be or not to be….” Or how about: “Meant to be or not meant to be?” Now that is the question. Julia Lichtenstein has been hearing Shakespeare quotes like that since she could read. She always likes to be prepared, and never strays far from a couple pencils, a pencil sharpener, a few maps, and of course her all-time favorite Pocket Shakespeare. Being a dedicated athlete and a straight-A junior in High School, Julia thought that she would have a perfect four years. And in truth, she would have- if not for one ignorant boy: Jason Lippincott, who is definitely NOT her MTB (Meant To Be). Since grade school, Jason has ignored her real name, and instead opted out for calling Julia “Book-Licker”. It is only when they are stuck as ‘culture buddies’ on their class trip to London when they really begin to open up to each other and mend the cracks between them. Mending aside, there is never a dull moment for them. This is one trip that neither Julia nor Jason will ever forget. Read the amazing novel Meant To Be by author Lauren Morrill to find out about all the memories and chemistry between Julia and Jason.