Light: A Gone Novel by Michael Grant | Teen Ink

Light: A Gone Novel by Michael Grant

By ChelseaS. SILVER, Lexington, Kentucky
ChelseaS. SILVER, Lexington, Kentucky

"Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." -Carlos Fuentes

The kids of the FAYZ have survived hunger, lies, plague and fear – but can they survive light?
Diana and Caine’s daughter Gaia has been taken over by the gaiaphage and is now out for vengeance. Her only desire is to see Perdido Beach in ruins and the world at her feet. Her powers are enormous, and it will take all the power of Sam, Caine, Brianna and the other mutants to bring her down. Unfortunately, Gaia’s not the only problem.
If the FAYZ wall turning transparent was a gift at first, it’s become the worst curse so far. Kids huddle by the wall, holding signs up to communicate with relatives Outside and gazing longingly at the neon signs for burgers and fries that are just out of reach. They’re starving to death, hypnotized by a world they can’t touch.
Meanwhile, Connie Temple on the Outside worries: what will become of the kids inside when the walls come down? After seeing videos of five-year olds with machetes, a boy burning a toddler seemingly to death, and a boy with a whip arm, many are calling for the FAYZ to be destroyed before this evil can make it out.
Will Gaia’s vision of a world with her as master be fulfilled? Can the kids of the FAYZ pull themselves together for the final battle?
Who will survive the endgame?
Light is a truly stunning conclusion to a truly remarkable series, filled with more twists and tears than you’ll ever see coming.

SomeoneMagical PLATINUM, Durham, New Hampshire
I have not yet read the others in this series...but I am excited to read them! So far I have only read Gone, which was amazing!!!! The characters -- Astrid, Sam, Quin -- all came to life for me on the pages! great job but didn't read all of your review. Didn't want spoilers!!