The Endor Trilogy | Teen Ink

The Endor Trilogy

February 21, 2013
By LoOny13 BRONZE, Hawthorne, New York
LoOny13 BRONZE, Hawthorne, New York
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
*You cannot enjoy life if you live in fear of everything*


Have you ever wondered what would happen if your wildest dreams suddenly sprang to life, to battle alongside fairies, elves and so many more creatures? If you could vanquish lands with the flick of your fingers and a few magic words? The Endor Trilogy, written by John R. Garland, tells the story of a wizard by the name of Endor, venturing with his many friends to protect the welfare of the magical lands. If you are into having a short, quick read for a few days, this trilogy is for you!
Each chapter left me pondering what the next chapter would hold. The author is brilliant in incorporating how the trilogies are being written, by creating a character by the name of J.R. who receives letters and journals from Endor about his adventures. By this way, John R. Garland ingeniously incorporates himself into a story, as no book I have ever read has done before.
To be fair, as much as I loved the trilogies containing epic stories of battling evil lords and other threats, there are some downsides. I believe this book is more for the younger ages, as the vocabulary is simple but gets the point of the story across. But don’t start shying away from this book just because you read this! All ages can enjoy these books, depending on the level of computation of a person.
The story of unexpected friendships is also told in this story, and indeed, Endor the Wizard makes virtuous friends quite quickly. My favorite part of the trilogies by far was when Endor met his friends, who become main characters as the trilogy continues on. Endor first meets an owl by the name of TK, and goes on to meet a small mouse by the name of BW. It is amazing how close the three friends become because of the experiences they have been through together. Friendship plays a key role in this story, as working together as one unit vanquishes evil of all difficulties, shapes and sizes. I had an epiphany because of this book; I realized that the best friends are always there for you when you need them the most. Friendship conquers everything is one of my favorite themes of this trilogy.
The unrealistic atmosphere that this trilogy contains offers readers a retreat from their every day, sophisticated lives. So if you’re looking for a read that can take you away from the world, and can make you laugh and smile at the simplicity of the problems that Endor and his friends face, look no further, and find a copy of the Endor Trilogy today! I would rate this book a seven and a half out of ten if extremely advanced teenagers were to read this, but a ten out of ten if young children were to pick up this amazing trilogy! The simplicity was different from what I usually expected, but it was a nice change! I think everyone should give it a shot!


The author's comments:
I really did love this trilogy!