Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater | Teen Ink

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

By WolfyRawerz BRONZE, Everett, Washington
WolfyRawerz BRONZE, Everett, Washington

Rawer! Means I Love You In Dinosaur.

Shiver
By Maggie Stiefvater
A 16-year-old girl named Grace was 10 years ago pulled from her tire swing, dragged into the forest and mauled by a pack of wolves. However, miraculously survived. Nevertheless, one wolf, who stood back while his pack mauled her to almost death, has taken an interest in her for 6 years. Although for some reason, Grace has always had a special connection to the wolves and longs for the wolf that stood back…her wolf…Except one day people became very frightened of the wolves as people find out, a boy from Grace’s high school, has been killed. A bubbling hatred forms in the people of Mercy Falls Minnesota and you will be on the edge in this suspenseful rapid page-turner of a book.
Shiver is a book that ironically makes you shiver. The suspense will crawl up your spine and explode with a shocking secret. Shiver is a book that will definitely pull you in and lock you in its depths if you let it. The plot moves slowly then sometimes unstably speeds up and just stops with suspense. This book will leave you hanging at the end but there is a second book called Linger and a third called Forever that keeps all the excitement going!
Shiver is a very mature book and is recommended to mature readers.
The book Shiver is what I would have to say the best book I have ever read and is a wonderful first book in this heartwarming dramatic, magical and original trilogy.

This is a book review we were assigned to make in class on a book that we read.