Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler | Teen Ink

Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler

By GiovanniCarcamo SILVER, Attleboro, Massachusetts
GiovanniCarcamo SILVER, Attleboro, Massachusetts

The hilarious memoir, Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang, written by comedian Chelsea Handler, is a series of stories from her life. The book cover is an eye catcher and the way Handler narrates her amusing stories shows off her comedic genius through quirky jokes and profound language.
The book begins with a story from her childhood as she talks about her siblings and growing up as the youngest. The book’s chapters continue into the present, talking about her boyfriend, Ted Harbert, and the pranks she pulls on him and her fellow co-workers.
In every chapter, she compulsively lies to everyone around her just to entertain herself. She says she really enjoys her lies when people believe her every word. Whether the lies are about serious subjects or little lies that turn into big consequences, everyone around her still loves the crazy Chelsea Handler.
Her stories include her opinion of animals, famous people and even family members. She bashes her siblings and her own father, telling how he is cheap and very dirty. She continues to bash celebrities giving not one kind word; she even bashes herself, which makes the book even more enjoyable.
This is the third book written by Handler and is a New York Times best seller. Although she’s better known for her late night television show Chelsea Lately, her books are very entertaining. This latest can lift up someone’s mood any time of the day. Use the humor in it to impress people with ridiculous jokes. Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang is simply something quite different.