The Fault in Our Stars by John Green | Teen Ink

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

By kaleejoy BRONZE, Franklin Furnace, Ohio
kaleejoy BRONZE, Franklin Furnace, Ohio

If you don't like to read, you haven't found the right book. -J.K. Rowling

Mary stood there in the doorway for a while, looking out at the dripping world as if she found it beautiful. -Dorothy M. Johnson

I am sitting here crying, sobbing… and I cannot fathom what I just read. Was the ending happy? Was it sad? It was both. The emotions are raging inside me, fighting out to see which one can win, and I honestly don’t know which one will.
I did cried... or not so much crying, but sobbing, relentless sobbing that is still happening right now.
John Green writes with so much power; pure, clean, strong, fluid, RAW, power. It takes your breath away. Slowly, you get engulfed in this wonderful story, and you love it. I don’t think anyone said it better than Jodi Picoult. Here is her blurb for the book: “Electric, filled with staccato burst of humor and tragedy.”
Before you go get this book (which you should), I just want to highlight the points of this novel. This is book is happy, and has an infinite number of happy things happen in it, but the tragedy cannot be overlooked.
Hazel isn’t a cancer survivor, she is a person surviving cancer—and there is a big difference. She has cancer, and the cancer won’t go away. It is inevitable that she will die eventually, and she accepts that, but holds on to the few years medicine has given her. And then she meets Augustus Waters, who to say the least, is charming and lovely, but also surviving cancer.
Be prepared to laugh, sigh, and cry, and by crying I mean sobbing. My eyes are still swollen from finishing this book 10 minutes ago, and I expect that they will be swollen for much longer.
This book will never truly end. It will live inside of you. Dig at your heart and soul. It will make you ask questions constantly. Wondering what could’ve happened that didn’t. Hazel and Gus may constantly be in the back of your mind. The Fault in Our Stars is truly a perfect novel, and I don’t think I need to say anything besides that.
It is perfect.

on Nov. 23 2012 at 12:10 pm
kaleejoy BRONZE, Franklin Furnace, Ohio

Thank you so, so much!

on Nov. 22 2012 at 12:22 pm
theatregirl PLATINUM, Lathrup Village, Michigan

"To thine own self be true," -from Hamlet, a play by Shakespeare.
"I have sworn on the altar of god eternal hostility against all forms of tyranny over the mind of man." - Thomas Jefferson

I love your writing. Your writing totally capture the feeling of this wonderful book. keep up the great writing  

on Nov. 20 2012 at 1:19 am
justkeepwriting GOLD, Los Angeles, California

Let me live, love, and say it well in good sentences - Sylvia Plath

agreed! it is perfect!