City of Bones by Cassandra Clare This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

It seems that today teen series novels are all the rage, so much so that blockbuster movies are made due to the immense success of the novels; for example the Harry Potter, Twilight Saga, and the latest newcomer the Hunger Games have developed into multi-billionaire franchises and made their authors millionaires as well, with the exception of J.K. Rowling, the first billionaire author. Now a new series wishes to take some of the coveted spotlight, The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.
City of Bones, the firstborn of the series, introduces the reader to the normal seeming world of the Shadowhunters. The novel follows the protagonist Clary Fray and her friend Simon who witness the murder of a perfectly normal looking boy. Thereafter they are plunged into the world of the Shadowhunters with the "help" of the charming yet obnoxious Jace Wayland, the sexy Isabelle and her reserved brother Alec Lightwood. Clary soon discovers that secrets have been hidden form her own mother, and that she has a greater role in the Shadowhunter world than she could have ever imagined. In addition her feelings toward Jace begin to kindle, while Simon's feeling for her spark. And they must fight to retrieve the hidden Mortal Cup before Valentine gets it. City of Bones introduces the reader to a whole new world of demon-fighters,warlocks, faeries, werewolves, and of course vampires.
Cassandra Clare does a marvelous job with City of Bones. The complex plots and subplots, the use of humor, and her keen use of allusions make City of Bones an enjoyable read—plus she does not shy away from fights and lots of bloodshed. Clare gives a whole new meaning to the cliche Not Everything Is What It Seems to Be.(My advice: start reading now because in August 2013 the film will be released. And will definitely be the NEXT BIG THING. Go to your library and check out the whole series before everyone else discovers the news, and then you'll have to wait forever just to read the first book.)

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 21 at 11:41 am:
That totally gets one hooked! Thank YOU for all these reviews! I'm definitely adding this to the book list! Hehehehe.........There isn't a cliche love story in there is it?? 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 22 at 3:46 pm :
Do read it. Cliche love story...hmmmm. No not really. Actually there's kind of a twist to it, really. You'll have to read it to find out. Tell me about it when you're done with it.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 4:45 am :
Okey Dokey!

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 19 at 3:38 pm:
Nice job! Intriguing, yet not too revealing. There were a few spelling/grammatical errors, but overall it was an easy read. AND YES FOR EVERYONE ELSE, YOU MUST READ THIS SERIES!!!!! XD

Apr. 19 at 3:58 pm :
Yes, I did have some mistakes. But thanks for reading it. Can you do me another small favor? Can you read my Pride and Prejudice review; tell me what you think? I saw you love it like I do. Hope I'm not pushing it too far with the favors. If need anything for me to read, I'd be happy to do so. Thanks for your feedback.

TargonTheDragonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 19 at 7:12 pm :
Its on my reading list, Oh the number of books i must read this summer:P

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 19 at 7:15 pm :
i love reading stuff :)