A Titans Curse by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

A Titans Curse by Rick Riordan

By Locra33 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
Locra33 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois

Rick Riordan's, A Titans Curse, is a page turner for readers of any age. This science fiction novel takes place in present day Manhattan. Percy Jackson is not just a normal teen, he's one of many half-bloods. Unlike his half-blood friends, Thalia and Annabeth, he's the son of Poseidon. Percy's best friend Grover is a sayter, along with his cyclops step brother Tyson.

To understand anything I'm going to tell you, you have to read the other two books in the series, and then continue with the last two. In the first book, Percy Jackson Battle of the Olympians, the conflict of the series begins. One of Percy's close friends turns on him to start a war of the gods, so he can rule. Percy must battle him to stop this war between the gods. This battle continues throughout the series, and keeps you guessing. Along the way, he meets some gods like Lady Artemis, some are on his side of the battle, and some are not..

In A Titans curse, Annabeth, Thalia, and Percy go to meet up with Grover and find some unexpected monsters. Sayters have awesome powers, one of them being able to smell out monsters. When they're fighting the monster, they run into the Hunters. These are immortal girls that are really more than a thousand years old, but they look as if they were 12. Lady Artemis, the Hunters leader, goes on a quest to find the monster that could destroy the gods and kill it. Percy knows Artemis needs help, so he goes to help her along with his friends. This is a long journey, and ends in an unexpected, heart pounding way

This book was great because it combined Greek mythology with lots of action. A Titans Curse and any other books in this series may seem long, but I've read each one in about a week. Rick Riordan's book is creative, heart pounding, and suspenseful. So pick up the Percy Jackson Series and start your mythical journey today.

on Oct. 6 2012 at 7:37 pm
CelebrateDifferences, Long Island, New York

“Gods of Olympus.” Piper stared at Leo. “What happened to you?”
His hair was greased back. He had welding goggles on his forehead, a lipstick mark on his cheek, tattoos all over his arms, and a T-shirt that read HOT STUFF, BAD BOY, and TEAM LEO.
“Long story,” he said.”

I love this series!! chek out my review on "the son of neptune" if u have time .I just got my copy of MARK OF ATHENA im so excited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!