The Fault in our Stars by John Green | Teen Ink

The Fault in our Stars by John Green

By writergirl300 BRONZE, Allentown, Pennsylvania
writergirl300 BRONZE, Allentown, Pennsylvania

Normally, I am not one to write a review on a book. I just enjoy reading them. However, after reading this book I knew I had to tell others about it. For those of you who have not read the book it is about a sixteen year old girl named Hazel who has cancer and meets a boy, Augustus who is ill as well. Right now you may be thinking it's a sob story and a romance novel put together. How "cliche". That is where you are wrong. It is more than that. This book had me more into the characters and their personality than any other book I have ever read. The dialogue between Hazel and Augustus had me at a loss for words. The thing about them is, they are unlike any teenagers I have ever known in the real world and in the fictional world. It made me actually kind of envious of them. Hazel is an independent, young woman who stands her ground and knows what she wants. She is unlike anyone else. The same goes for Augustus. He is so incredibly charming that it makes you feel like he is that Prince Charming coming for you. Now even though they seem so perfect, their lives are completely screwed up. They both are sick throughout the whole story and it is not the perfect lives they are meant to have. But at the same time, their personalities just seem so perfect it makes up for the rest of their damaged lives. As you read this book you will be sucked into it more than you have ever been before. I read the book in a few hours because I could just not put it down. As I sit here and think about what I just read, all I can think about is the characters themselves and how their personalities just seem so perfect compared to everyone else in the world. Maybe that is why they call it fiction. This book is meant to be read by everyone that has a love for books and people. It will have you feeling every emotion possible. It is one book that I will never forget and always remember as I go through life. Bravo to John Green for creating a novel that has me so incredibly intrigued even after I have finished the book.

on Sep. 3 2012 at 9:10 am
Skip the part that you did not want to read and finish the book!! The ending will blow your mind!! 

. said...
I know right! I was at the beach with friends; one brought the book and I read it, completely missing out from an hour I should have spent talking to them. But I physically was unable to pry my fingers from the binding. I only stopped reading cause there was hanky-panky and I felt it was inappropriate. but I agree, this book is totally unique and absolutely exquisite. I love all of the details and was uplifted yet saddened by it. I'm dying to know how it ends.

Chipmunk19 said...
Nicely written!  Can't wait to read this book!