The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross | Teen Ink

The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross

By LiederMadchen ELITE, Aurora, Oregon
LiederMadchen ELITE, Aurora, Oregon

For, I could not love thee, Dear, so much,
Loved I not honour more.
-- Richard Lovelace, quoted often by Baroness Emmuska Orczy in The Scarlet Pimpernel

I just love steampunk. I can't get enough of the genre, and Kady Cross is a master of the gadgetry and the atmosphere that makes it so wonderful. I loved The Girl in the Steel Corset (I've read it three times), so I was ridiculously excited to get this one and it did not in any way whatsoever disappoint.

All of the characters from the first book were as wonderful as ever, and it was so much fun to see more of Jasper. Finley gets to let her wild side out, Griffin gets to work a little bit of romance on her... ;) You also get to meet some marvelous new characters from Jasper's past. The lovely, endangered Mei who carries a bad attitude and many secrets.Wildcat, whose heart was broken by Jasper (I really, really want to see more of her). Then you've got Whip Kirby, the lawman who may not be entirely what he seems.

The story was fantastic, full of blackmail and intrigue and, of course, it wouldn't be steampunk without a hefty dose of peculiar gadgets. These books make me happy. :)

I received an advance e-copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.