Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe | Teen Ink

Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe

By DomoandUnicorns BRONZE, Lincoln, California
DomoandUnicorns BRONZE, Lincoln, California

Uncle Tom's Cabin
Uncle Tom's Cabin is an excellent book, with a powerful voice. It spread the true meaning of slavery throughout the United States in the mid- 1800’s. President Lincoln called the author, Harriet Beecher Stowe, “The little lady who wrote the book that started this great war.” This is a wonderful book that guides you through many emotions. It is a phenomenal book that guides us through this terrible point in history.
Uncle Tom is a Christian father who has been betrayed by his own loving master. He has been sold to a slave trader. Tom has been promised his freedom multiple times by Mr. Shelby, yet Tom is not angry. He goes through a journey of slavery only guided by his love of God. Mr. Shelby also sells a young boy named Harry. His mother takes him away and runs off to Canada.
The book is a wonderful guide that shows us the cruelty of slavery. Tom will capture your heart as soon as you open the book. He never questions his faith or love of God. This book gave me an education of the cruel slave owners. Although this book was long, I felt it was worth every second.