allie finkles rules for girls :the new girl by meg cabot | Teen Ink

allie finkles rules for girls :the new girl by meg cabot

By wolverines PLATINUM, Everett, Washington
wolverines PLATINUM, Everett, Washington

The book Allie Finkle’s Rules for Girls: The New Girl By Meg Cabot, tells about a girl, Allie, who is new to a school and is threatened to get beat up by another girl. This all started when a girl named Rosemary was caught making fun of Allie and because of this; Rosemary threatened to beat Allie up. Their friendship starts out rough, but when Allie invites Rosemary to her house, they started to like each other and became better friends. All these minor themes wrap up to the main message, give people a chance to be your friend. Filled with drama and friendship, the book shows how Allie and Rosemary progress through friendship even though they have some struggles.

Meg Cabot’s purpose for writing this story is to show us that we should always give people a chance to be our friend. Just like Allie and Rosemary, at first they did not like each other, then they took a chance and became friends. This book is an excellent read for young girls due to the comedy, simple themes, and useful rules such as; it’s the thought that counts. Overall, I think this book was very interesting and you can learn several important life lessons from it. I would give this book 5 out of 5 stars. This book was actually in a series and was not made into a movie. If you want to find out more about the book go get a copy and start reading. You will not be able to put it down after you start!