The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

By Caravana GOLD, Joplin, Missouri
Caravana GOLD, Joplin, Missouri

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through him who gives me strength."

Looking for action, adventure and a non-stop thrill? If so invest your time in Suzanne Collins’ The Hunger Games. In the series of three, this book is set in the future where North America is gone now replaced with a place called Panem separated into 12 districts. Held in a strict society due to past mistakes teenagers must participate in the deadly Hunger Games where only one can survive.
The main character Katniss has taken her younger sister Prim’s place in the games, being from the poor District 12 she will now have to face the games with little training. Katniss is in a teenagers body already having to make adult decisions and now in the games she has to face life or death choices, its only with the help of her contestant Peeta and her mentor Haymitch that she can gain the audience of Panem to support her throughout the games.
Collins does an incredible job providing vivid detail of the setting creating an image that makes you feel as though you are the one in the games. Collins ability to write with great emotion and dramatic effect You find yourself emotionally connected with the characters following Katniss through the games as she has to face killing another human being and keeping her sanity.
Readers won’t want to put this book down, adventure hides on every page and no dull moment can be found. Will Katniss make it out of the sick games formed by the capital? Find out by reading The Hunger Games.