The Outsiders by SE Hilton | Teen Ink

The Outsiders by SE Hilton

By Pyrofreak BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Pyrofreak BRONZE, Sacramento, California

Forgot my Lunch by Brandon Mejia aka best friend

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

“All I can think about is Paul Newman and a ride home.” That’s the first and last line of the book. When I first read this, it made me think who the heck Paul Newman is? But when I kept reading, I couldn’t stop.
If you’re in a gang, one night can change the rest of your life. I know this because I read The Outsiders by SE Hilton.
If you’re in gang shouldn’t your only problems be the police? Or do they have more? And don’t you choose to be in a gang? Or are you born already in a gang because of where you live.
The characters are not what you think they are. Just because they are in a gang doesn’t mean they are tough. For example, Ponyboy is the main character and he is only 14years old. His best friend is 16 and he is scared of everything! He gets jumped by the opponent gang, Socs, so he is always scared to walk alone. Luckily he has Ponyboy and Ponyboy’s big brothers.
The book reads really fast and before you know it you’re going to be done with it because the book is marvelous so when you start reading it you are not going to want to stop. It’s like if your glued to the book!
The theme is about gangs and friendship, how important it is to have someone have your back. How important it is for your 16year old best friend to fallow you into saving a couple of kids from a burning church, doesn’t he know he can get hurt or die?
The characters are not what you think they are just because they are in a gang doesn’t mean they are tough, like Ponyboy is the main character and he is only 14years old, and his best friend is 16 and he is scared of everything! He got jump by the opponent gang so he is scared to walk alone luckily he has Ponyboy and ponyboy’s big brothers.
SE Hilton has written more books but I am stuck into her book like a little kid is stuck watching SpongeBob. The book she wrote when she was only 16, yep she wrote The Outsiders when she was only 16.