Push / Precious by Sapphire | Teen Ink

Push / Precious by Sapphire

Usually I do not finish novels, but the book Push by Sapphire changed my entire opinion . I didnt know it the book was going to be so interesting.
In Push, Precious Jones, an illerate sixteen-year-old has a father who rapes herand the mother who abuses her ad has two children by her father. But everything changes when she meets a determined teacher who is willing to help her.
Push is a great book in all. Push is greatly written in Precious point of view. Because the way she see things is like seeing a movie, that is constantly being replayed.
Push is written in first person. I know because Precious states what she is feeling and she says “ I dont no whut I feel , im jus urked wif my muvah n favah.”
Push is an award winning drama, was nominated for NAACP Image Award. It was a New York times best seller , it won the audience award and the Grand Jury prize for best drama.
I recoomened this book to anyone who likes drama, and books based on true stories. Precious is a breathtaking character.And once you open the book you wish it never closes !