Twilight by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

By bubblesrfun GOLD, Muskego, Wisconsin
bubblesrfun GOLD, Muskego, Wisconsin

Be your own kind of beautiful.

‘And so the lion fell in love with the lamb’. This is basically the easiest way to sum up ‘Twilight’. Bella is just your usual uncoordinated and rather awkward teenager. Moving to Forks, Washington, where the sun is barely ever shining, was a big change from sunny Arizona. At school all of the guys are throwing themselves right at her, for reasons all but unknown. But she just wants to be friends with them all until she meets the hot and mysterious Edward Cullen. Edward is one of the 5 beautiful teenagers adopted my Dr. and Mrs. Cullen.

The first time Bella is close to Edward, he shows obvious repulsion. Then he disappears off the face of the Earth for a couple days and returns friendly again. She is intrigued. Bella can’t focus at school very well, and Edward is always in her thoughts. So much so, in fact, that she looks for him at school and dreams about him. But soon, things start to lean towards amazing; Edward’s beauty, strength, coldness, and changing eye color. Edward is obviously not human. And Bella is determined to find out exactly what he really is.

‘Twilight’ is surprisingly interesting and deep, if you actually pay attention. The author uses excellent foreshadowing and other literary devices to keep the reader hooked. The sequels to ‘Twilight’ are ‘New Moon’, ‘Eclipse’, and ‘Breaking Dawn’.

Seriously, read the book before you see the movie!