Inheritance by Christopher Paolini | Teen Ink

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

December 9, 2011
By kookookachooo BRONZE, Davis, California
kookookachooo BRONZE, Davis, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"BOOYAH! That's a rap term"
- John Stewart


The book I reviewed was “Inheritance” by Christopher Paolini. It is the finale to the Eragon series. The land of Aglaesia (where the story is set in) has been taken over by an evil kin. The man is the most powerful man in Aglaesia because he is a powerful magician and is a dragon rider. It seems like no one can defeat him. Then a small farm boy finds a dragon egg. With the help of the elves and the resistance (known as the Varden) he is taught the ways of magic and sword. Now in Inheritance we start with Eragon and The Varden attacking one of the King’s great cities. The battle is long and hard but in the end Eragon wins. As the story goes, we also follow Eragon’s cousin, Roran, as he captures the city of Arough. Then we find Eragon trying to conquer the Dras-Leon a terrible city. As he fights his way to the city of the king, Eragon is taught more and more about swordsmanship and magic. As he prepares himself for the coming battle, he begins to learn the truth about the way to defeat the king.

I loved Inheritance. It gave a very nice closure to the series. It was very dark at times, but also light and happy at others. It drew you in to read which a book should do. I would rate the book 4 out of 5. The only reason I would not rate it 5 is that at times it could be seen that the author had taken parts of the story from other famous books, like how it copied lord of the rings in the ending. That would annoy me. Otherwise it was a great book. I also loved how the point of view was third person omniscient. The theme changed a lot, from dark to light at many times. I would recommend it to anyone but you should read the first three books first or you won’t understand it.