Beastly by Alex Flinn

Do you know everything about Beauty and the Beast? Well, Alex Flinn's 2007 novel is proving to you that there is more to the story. The book starts out as Kyle Kingson is trying to be elected for the Green Committee President occupation. Kyle told everyone that he believes that no "unattractive" people should take the role of being president, that there should only be "attractive" people in this world. "Who cares about ugly people when we have beautiful people," announced Kyle. But what he doesn't know is that there is a witch in the crowd, and her name is Kendra. She is supposedly a shy girl, but that's how everyone sees her. And one day, Kyle asks her to PROM!!! But what Kyle doesn't know is that he has one more shot to prove Kendra that there is a heart in him somewhere. At the night of the dance, Kyle thought he had humiliated her. But, the night he went home, Kendra cursed him into a beast. Kyle must learn what its like to be "ugly" and he must have a girl fall for him. When his father, Rob Kingson, found out about this, he went to every doctor about his "condition". And the result came all the same, "There is nothing we can do." So Rob sends his son away. And one night, some guy try to break in. Kyle made a promise to him. That he must bring his daughter, Lindy Taylor, to live with him, or he'll just simply call the cops. The burglar agreed and his daughter came. Kyle tries to make her happy and gives her everything, but she doesn't seem to give in.

Will Kyle ever turn back to "normal"? Will Kyle get Lindy to fall for him? Will Lindy love him for what is on the inside? Will their lives ever be the same again? To answer these questions, all i have to say is READ THE BOOK!!! And then you will know a whole other story of Beauty and the Beast. This book is just....BEASTLY.

DarkIsThyThought said...
Mar. 29, 2012 at 8:45 am:
I really liked this book, and I guess you did a good job of describing it.

Ninja_15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 9, 2012 at 10:40 am:
Beautifully handwritten and one of my favorite books