The Lying Game by Sara Shepard | Teen Ink

The Lying Game by Sara Shepard

By kittylin143 SILVER, Gresham, Oregon
kittylin143 SILVER, Gresham, Oregon

"Learn like you are going to live forever, live like your going to die tomorrow." -ghandi

Have you ever dreamed of having an identical twin? What if it turned out that you had a secret twin that you never knew about? What if you were really adopted, and had no idea who your birth parents were? Well, for twins Sutton and Emma Mercer this is their life.
In the exciting and suspenseful book called The Lying Game, twins Emma and Sutton are reunited, well Emma believes she is going to see her twin. You see, Emma and Sutton grew up apart, totally polar-opposite lives. Emma was in foster care, while Sutton lived in the “glam life” in Arizona with her adoptive parents. Neither one of them knew of each other.
Emma finds out about her secret twin when her repulsive foster brother shows her and her foster mom, a video of a girl that looks like Emma being what looks like the girl being choked to death. Emma is then kicked out of the home because of she is accused of stealing. Emma then decides to contact this girl via facebook, telling her that they look the same and are potential twins. The girl’s name is Sutton, and she replies saying that they should meet up.
Emma decides to go to Arizona to meet up with Sutton, and when she gets there, it is so not what she thought it would be. She is mistaken by Sutton’s friends, and is then forced to pretend to be Sutton. She then later finds out an even scarier thing, that Sutton is dead. The rest of the story is about how Emma learns to pretend to be Sutton, and tries to investigate who the murderer of her twin sister is.
This book is written by Sara Shepard, the author of the world-famous Pretty Little Liars series. The story has a very mysterious feel to it, and when you think you have figured out who the killer is, the whole story flips. Shepard has a way to making you hold on to the story and want more, without boring you to death with random details. This is going to be a series that will last for a very long time, and will be having readers hold onto it till the very end. I cannot wait for the rest of the books to come out, and I know I will always be waiting for the next.

I love this book, and really wanted the world to know how it truly sounds. I wanted to show everyone why it is such a great story.

Tpromus BRONZE said...
on Oct. 9 2011 at 3:30 am
Tpromus BRONZE, Sandy, Oregon

Yesterday is history...
Tomorrow is a mystery...
Today is the present....
That's why it's a gift.

This is great!!! love it :)

Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California

“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)

cool review, I have the the second book: Never have I ever in audiobook form on my kindle. I haven't read the books but I watch the show and it is really good. Do you watch the show? If you don't then you totally should because it is a really good show. The show is a little bit different from the books though and Sutton isn't dead in the show. :D