I Have Live a Thousand Years By Livia Bitton Jackson | Teen Ink

I Have Live a Thousand Years By Livia Bitton Jackson

March 26, 2008
By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Can you imagine living a life where you don't have anything, and you're forced to move out of your home, knowing that you can die any minute? That's how the men, women, and children felt everyday while the Holocaust was going on. This is a story of cruelty and suffering, but at the same time it's a story of hope, faith and love. Eli Friedmann was one of the innocent Holocaust victims. She fought for her life in concentration camps. Elli was living a normal life that included in family, friends, and school. Elli was a wonderful poet. She loved to write poems, and she kept them in a black journal. All of Elli's dreams that she had darkened on March 1944, when the Nazis invaded Hungary. Elli could no longer go to school. The Nazi's took their possessions, including Elli's bike. Elli and her family were no longer allowed to talk to their neighbors. Later on Elli and her family were forced to move into crowded ghettos, where they had no privacy.

” Struggles of Men, Women, and Children during the Holocaust”.

Elli and her family were starving, no food was available, but what Elli didn't know this was only the beginning and the worst was yet to come. Elli's father was taken away in the middle of the night to a labor camp. A Few days later Elli and her family were taken to concentration camps. Elli's brother Bubbi was brought to a different one. Elli and her mother were struggling to keep alive, so they could see their family. Elli and her mother suffered a great deal of pain at the concentration camps, being moved from one to another, but they worked together and made it through the pain and never left each other's side.
I Have Lived a Thousand Years is a remarkable story about men, women and children struggling during the hard painful days of the Holocaust.