Happyface by Stephen Edmond This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

As if taken from the mind of a real, tormented teen, Happyface tells the story of an unnamed teenager's way to cope through writing and drawing in a sketchbook given to him by his father.

Happyface's life is hit hard when an unnamed tragedy strikes his family. Then his ­parents' divorce leads him to move with his mother and start over in a new school, where he eventually makes friends who give him the name Happyface.

Just when Happyface's life seems good, people from his past begin to show up and stir up painful memories that he has to decide whether to face.

The novel itself is like a teen-angst version of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books: They both use text and illustrations to outline the main character's problems, although Happyface has more tragic and dramatic issues than Greg Hefley.

Happyface is a moving novel that is both sad and funny. It will definitely capture your attention with its humorous narrative and creative illustrations and images.

jomi973 said...
Sept. 14, 2011 at 12:07 am
the book was alright to me. there were some hilarious parts to it and it was sad. i think that many teens can relate to this novel. great review!

Mikey-Dendang This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you very much for the comment, a few hundred more and it could be published lol.

phototeen102 said...
Wow, this is review is really good. I definitely want to read the book!