Nothing But the Truth by AVI | Teen Ink

Nothing But the Truth by AVI

April 29, 2008
By Anonymous

How would you feel if you got suspended from school, for expressing your patriotism? That's what exactly to unknown track star, Philip Malloy, from the book Nothing But The Truth by AVI. There at Harrison High School a 9th grade English teacher, Ms.Narwin, booted out Philip Malloy twice! As a result Olympic potential track star, Philip Malloy was suspended. Why? Only because he was expressing his patriotism, and “love” for the country. How? By humming the National Anthem. But why is this so important to Philip? That's because Philip has an amazing desire in his blood to join the track team. Problem is that he's not the brightest seed out there, and is failing English. But problems between Ms.Narwin and Philip caused National attention. States, thousands of miles away, bringing their attention to this little school. But has this problem been created by a lie or the truth? At the end will lives be ruined; or even destroyed?











Nothing But The Truth by AVI is a book for anybody who is looking for a little jump start and excitement. This Newberry Honor book is that kind of book that has the drama that is needed in everyone's life's. Dramatic sequences of events occur. Nothing But The Truth is a book that will keep you on the tips of your toes. You won't be able to let go of the book until you finish it. I had become isolated from everything around me. Unable to separate my eye's from the text. Printing vivid pictures in my mind. This was one of the best books I've ever read. This book has many twist and turns: even the ending leaves you to decide on what has, and will, happen. Nothing But The Truth by AVI is the book that should be read by everyone. If not, you are sadly missing out.