Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen | Teen Ink

Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen

This novel is not your ordinary fairytale story but I believe reading Jane Austen' popular novel Pride & Prejudice, will raise your expectations in both love and drama novels. The novel takes place in the late eighteenth century, in the small village of Longbourn. Jane Austen has divided her book into three amazing sections. This novel will keep you on your toes at all times and will make you wish you were there experiencing it for yourself.

The book is about the Elizabeth and Jane Bennet and the heart aches and struggles they went through to finally see what true love was. Elizabeth was starting falling in love with the rich and powerful, Mr. Darcy, when she saw that his pride and arrogance were not the only emotions that he conveyed. Jane, however, was in love with Mr. Bingley, warmhearted, rich, and humorous, when she first talked to him. As if their journey was not already overwhelming they had to deal with their other sister and intolerable mother. The other three Bennet sisters, Catherine, Mary, and Lydia (arranged from oldest to youngest) had some of their problems of their own and unlike Elizabeth and Jane's they brought their problems amongst the whole family. Elizabeth has a hard time understanding the people around her due to her great judgmental problems and causes a big conflict in the book. Also, Jane's lack of emotion toward love causes a chain reaction throughout the book.

I would recommend this novel for people who are interested in learning a new vocabulary and who really want to see the real side of different classes. This novel will definitely keep you on your toes and make you fall in love Austen's creative and spectacular imagination.

on Mar. 20 2010 at 2:11 pm
deardiary BRONZE, Saskatoon, Other

It is a truth universally acknowedged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. -Pride and Prejudice

This is one of my favourite books and movies!