Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan | Teen Ink

Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan

February 28, 2008
By Anonymous

If you like fast paced and compelling novels, you should check out the Cirque Du Freak series. Horror-filled and gruesome story fans, will devour the first one and read all the way to the 12th.
When a curious couple of friends stumble upon an ad for a freak show called “Cirque Du Freak”, they decide to go see what it's all about. Darren Shan, the main character, was just an ordinary schoolboy until his visit to the show plunged him into a dark; mysterious world of vampires. Darren decides it's wise to steal one of the performers pet from the show, an extremely poisonous spider; he takes it home because of his fascination with the creature. When he finally decides to show his friend and lets the spider out of the cage, the consequences for him and his friend Steve are more than he ever fathomed, such as death of loved ones and being enslaved for life by a despicable vampire he can't stand.
With an average of about 200 pages per book, it's a great 12-book saga for young readers and young adult readers as well. There's a lot of action, drama, and pulse quickening moments in which nobody should miss. Suspense fans will clamor for the next book as soon as they read the one they're on. Author J.K. Rowling says this New York Times bestseller is “Compelling…a plot full of twists which leaves the reader hungry for more.”